Feb 3

‘Febrile trippage’ or ‘Where’s my sandwiches?’

Posted on Friday, February 3, 2012 in Strange and Unusual

I don’t know what it feels like to drop acid. Do I miss not experiencing it though? I don’t think so. I’ve heard about people having mad conversations with cows in fields, running terrified from evil statues. It doesn’t sound like a great buzz to me, nor do the flashbacks, should they happen to weirdly re-appear when conversing with teacher-type persons whose blouses confuse me.

Besides, I think I’ve rough idea already of how an acid trip might feel, because I vividly remember tripping as a kid, madly enough. I remember waking up from fevered dreams rooting frantically among the bedcovers searching for my sandwiches or trying to pass the ball and snapping-to in darkness oblivion, confused, spaced.

I thought I was the only one, too, until I recalled the experience to others who recalled the same thing back to me in turn. This made me wonder if EVERYBODY experienced it as a child. Then I wondered why we don’t experience it as adults! How unfair is that, that nature deprives us of the free buzz when we seem to need it most!

I’m talking about those midnight fevers. You know the ones… you’re dreaming about vast black infinite space in which large spools are spinning… some so incredulously fast that they can twist reality into a cruel joke, some crawl so slow so as to instill an ominous fear in you like you know that eventually it’ll hit you and squish you flat. Sometimes you might be standing on the edge of one of those shapes and you feel like you could easily topple into a mysterious void never to be found again and you open your eyes and watch in delerium as the rectangular halo around your bedroom door creeps closer and closer and tells you it’s going to eat you…

…or am I just imagining the whole thing?

Tripping was fun. I remember laughing so hard I didn’t have the strength to open my bottle of “Orange Crush”. So it got passed around and everyone was laughing so hard and long that they couldn’t open it either. The next morning I found it in the refrigerator upside down balanced on it’s cap.
    Then on the other side a bunch of us decided to go for a ride on our motorcycles while tripping and I watched a friend step off his bike at about 35MPH(~50KPH). When we all stopped and gathered around him he said he was tired of flying and decided to stop flying. While riding he forgot he was on a motorcycle. We took him and his bike back to the apartment and spent the rest of the night laughing … about anything and everything.
    Occasionally when I take a nap in the afternoon I’ll have some really weird dreams that are reminiscent of tripping.
    I have never had a “flashback” though every once and awhile I’ll perceive movement on the edge of my eye’s perception. It usually make me look and wonder what that was. My shrink tells me it’s a known condition of people who have taken LSD when they were young. Oh well, it’s a small price to pay for the fun we had when we were young and dumb. :)

I never had ’em! And the one time I did acid… it didn’t work.

However, ‘whose blouses confuse me’ is the best line ever.

3. I’ve never done any illicit drugs. I’m a prude, I know. However, I used to hang out with a bunch of drug heads. One night, I was at a party with a bunch of other pot heads. I watched my friend roll the biggest blunt ever interlaced with coke! I sat there as it was passed around the room. The smoke was so thick, I could barely see. When I left, I missed all of the steps and landed on my scrawny arse. I laughed for an hour or so afterwards. The biggest contact high I’ve ever had. :)

A few years ago, I was put on a medication that was way too strong for me. I had the freakin’ weirdest waking dreams about vibrantly coloured poke-dotted women. That was a trip I was glad to get off of! :)

BrianF; Hey maybe you’re seeing ghosts! I get that too so it can’t be LSD to blame. Could be the DTs also, yes it could. Those are mighty weird.

Jo; Thanks! TXMaxx has a lot to answer for.

Jefferson; Not a prude! Sensible yeah, cautious, dubious maybe. People don’t seem to be at all worried about screwing up their brains and that scares the crap out of me, that loss of control. Anything could bloody happen! I did have one of your high-by-proxy incidents once though, but it wasn’t as funny as yours! Twas when this bloke handed me his taxi fare, a rolled up ten euro note COVERED with coke. The rest of that day was mighty easy for me, I have to say.

5. journeyman says:

There’s a few doctor types in London that now want to try to treat alcoholism using LSD.
    How feckin’ spaced out is that?

6. Ginger Mick says:

Two months! Too long! You orright?

Earth calling K8
    Come in K8
    Earth calling K8
    It’s been 60 days since your last transmission.
    Come in K8

But obscurity is so nice this time of year! Thanks lads, a lady needs a poke every now and then.

9. Ginger Mick says: