May 28

I’ll have a pint of serotonin, please.

Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2011 in Family, Jobs, Rantings, Taxi driving

Photobucket

Right, that’s it. I’m sitting down to write something, anything, on this poor blog. I’m sick of being afraid of it and feeling the nausea surge in close proximity to anything socially computer-related, much like that old friend or relative that needs calling upon, the longer you leave it the worse that feeling gets.

All I want to do is to be invisible, dammit! I want to stay indoors at all times and answer the door by cracking it ajar to give strangers the beady eye before yelling at them to get off my territory ’til I release the rabid cats. I don’t want facebook or twitter, don’t want people to know what I’m doing, what I like or dislike, or where I’m hovering. I just want to be a non-K8. Healthy it isn’t, but oh-so familiar, comforting and predictable it most definitely is.

And yet now a corner has turned in our lives as TAT drops out of the workforce and hangs up his taxi plate… driving was probably not the best profession for a man with a dodgy back to partake in, but surgery looms nonetheless and disability has been claimed so I must take over and get a job.

Get a job?!? Ahhh! You mean I have to go out into the scrutinous public eye and do stuff and be bubbly and interesting all of a sudden? Somebody pass the bucket… I’m not at all sure about this, don’t feel well all of a sudden at all at all. Normal people scare the bejeesus out of me.

But, you’da bin so proud… I did get a job as a bar-wench in a local pub and it was almost fun, that one day I worked. Shame the pub closed down four days later, hey.

So what now? Prostitution? Dog pedicures? Getting this blog out of the darkness might be a good start.

So how have you been?

Ah wondered where you’d been. Sorry to hear about Tat and the bar and good luck with the job search, I’m on that old horse again and it aint fun!

Oh, Kate :(

Can you not take over the driving again?

I’m sorry, hon, I wish it was all easier.

Ps. If the blog is making you feel bad about it, fuck the blog. Don’t have unnecessary things in your life that are negative. Phone us instead! xx

4. awww my lovey i was worried when i didnt see any new posts of late. I know how you feel facebook have been a complete waste of time and energy and sadly in many of my friends cases the heart break of many a good solid relationship. Ahh sure i think im also going to be joining tat with his back ache and im also having up my massaging ablities. There is frankly feck all money in it and also im so sick of explaining to people what i do and how i do it.

I am going back to my art and design roots and hopefully i will be doing a art design computer course. Heres hopeing to me getting in. Would you not think of getting behind the wheel with the baba is older or have you thought about even doing anything yet yourself kate.

Also my whole blog is dying as well. I cant be bothered to think about sumthing to write unless about animal rights in which is some cases i got slaugtered for what i say.

I do certainly hope things get better for you tat and the family i really do.

Oh Baino no, good luck to you too – what’s the world coming to??

Jo; It’s not the blog’s fault, it’s my own paranoid self’s. Besides, it really is a good thing for getting rid of overflowing angst. Taxi driving’s not really for me, it requires too much toughness and I’m not that gifted in the balls department! Also van maintenance is a beeotch.

Hiya Vicky, design’s a great idea, I wish you the best of luck with college searching. I’d thought of training in the field of paramedics, or ambulance driving myself… don’t know what’s involved yet but it seems like a dark and interesting sort of profession.

Thanks everyone for sticking by me and commenting in spite of my laziness, you’re all sound as a pound!

6. Damn K8. I’m sorry to hear about TAT. Driving is tough on the auld back. I don’t miss driving 400 miles a week.

You’re a damn good writer and artist, K8. I know you don’t need me telling you that, but somebody needs to! I know you have very little time for it, but keep the faith. If you work hard enough at something, it’s bound to pay off. At least that is what I tell myself.

I could continue a big brother type of ramble, but I’ll spare you that. :)

Best Wishes
    jd

7. Holemaster says:

I have the perfect job or you Kate. Marketing. I’m sure you’d look great in a grey trouser suit, aggressive looking glasses and talking absolute horseshit about products you don’t believe in.

Jefferson; Not having a big brother of my own, your encouragement is invaluable. I wish you were my brother, dude.

Holemaster; I reserve the horseshit for my blog see, in real life I can’t lie for shit! I am the boss of aggressive glasses though.

JD – I tell her frequently that she’s a damn good writer. But of course she never listens to a word I say…..

K8 – You can’t lie in real life? HAH!

Yes Daddy, the wooden spoon taught me well. The branding-iron really brought the point home, though.

11. @K8 I’ve always thought of you as one of my many sisters. I”m grateful for your friendship and kindness over the years. I’ll make a deal with you. If you post something, I’ll post something, and vice versa. Deal?

@Grandad Kids rarely, if ever, listen to a damn word their parents say. :)

12. Hey k8

I love reading your blog…and I’ve been in that chasm you’re currently climbing OUT of so many times that I’ve probably got squatters rights! I’ve hidden behind that door (real and virtual) and cursed any kindhearted soul who dares to interrupt my dark mutterings with kindness and optimism. But never fear, so long as you keep that wonderful sense of humour and ability to laugh at yourself even when life sucks…then you’re a survivor and a winner. Happy climbing and see ya on the outside! :)

Jeffo; That is a deal! Only if I get to scream motivational jargon down d’Skype at you though.

Hi Rosemary, I’m chuffed you commented, your blog’s so raw and honest and amazingly familiar, such a great discovery for me. Thanks for bringing linky love :)