Oct 28

FUBAR dog.

Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 in Family, Humourarse, Strange and Unusual

What do you get if you cross a sheep with a rat? A reep maybe. Or a shat.

Apparently it’s none of the above. Apparently you get one of these:

demonic,dog,shihtzu

It’s a cross between a Bichon Frise and a Shitsu, what I might call a Scut. Certainly not a dog, that’s for sure.

When it was placed in my charge for the weekend, I accepted gracefully for the sake of the entertainment of Puppychild, but swore to take the piss out of it at every available opportunity, as you do. I bathed it, and made it look like a drowned rat and laughed at it, and laughed at it again when it re-appeared the next morning fluffier than a tumble-dried tampon.

Since introducing it to Laughingboy however, I’ve changed my mind. It respectfully pawed his chest and snuffed in his ears and made Laughingboy giggle and put up with the wild thrashing arm-flaps that ensued. It fell asleep on the kid’s chest and ignored the grabby wetness of a six month old baby with great temperance. My estimation of it went up several notches.

Then, when it came with me to the bathroom while I pee’d and curled up to scratch its itch by my feet; as if to say ‘If you run out of bogroll, I’m always here in emergencies…’ I fell another 10% in love.

Should my friend return on Sunday looking for her dog (?) only to have me tell her it’s dead while I sneakily hide it in the shed… you wouldn’t judge me, would you?

shihtzu

(Yeah, it was me that put the hairclips in its barnet. Not because it’s cute, but because the poor pissant can’t see for its messed up fringe.  I can identify with that.)

I say you should ram a pole up its arse and use it as a floor mop. You’ll have clean floors and the dog(?) will enjoy it. Win-win.

Tell her that you are having a bit of bad luck
    in the furry pet department an give her T.A.T
    as a consolation prize!
    I am a smidgen in love with her too..50 euro??

Make that 500 and it’s a deal. I could do with the money.

It’s amazing how these little rat dogs can get to ya’. My oldest sister has a White West-Highland Terrier. That little muttley is the coolest dog. She comes and lays down on my lap whenever I’m there. Cool little dog it is. Sounds like you found one too.

5. Gingermick says:

I like!

6. Jenny says:

Sounds like an interesting type of dog. Have fun with it :)

Grandad; So you want the dog AND 500 euro? I bet that’s roughly how much it costs to have it stuffed.. hmmmm.

Granny; But TAT isn’t toilet trained either, and I doubt she could afford to have him neutered.

Brianf; I will not get attached. I will not get attached!!! A pox on its cuteness.

Gingermick; I like not the puddles it leaves lying around for me to step in.

Jenny; It’s still not a patch on a Golden Lab, but big ole Wouldye is having a lot of fun with it alright!

8. its actully so so cute for a mutt this little dude is. I am also glad to see hes great around children. i would personally keep the little one but i do ask this question would you be tempted to get a furby baby in the home. now that i have read this piece i think sir shep needs a little bro or sis to play with. where can i get this little dude or babe again

It’s gone.

Apparently my buddy paid 350 euros for it, so wants to keep it after all.

Sucker!

10. Brighid says:

Oh God, haven’t heard or seen “FUBAR” in ages. We had a well primed at all times neighbor, who drove an old pickup with FUBAR in BIG letters across the back window.
    a dog is a great friend, they like you even when your not so nice.

FUBAR and SNAFU are so underused, aren’t they?!
    Dogs are so forgiving, they’re an amazing invention… couldn’t be without one.

Ah had a fake one just like it once with a zip up the middle, they’ve been known as ‘pyjama cases’ in our house for decades.

13. I’m sure this is a lovely dog but I’m going to have nightmares this evening