Aug 5

Secret Fire Revisited

Posted on Thursday, August 5, 2010 in Awards!, Family

While I write this, there is somebody learning to juggle, and there is somebody learning to play piano. They are of course seperate people. I am the fly on their garden fences, that strangelady nosy neighbour. Enjoy!!! Tomorrow I may even be videoing paint drying.

-o0o-

For any straggler readers that may have read my old post ‘The Secret Fire’, for which I was very happy to win a pretty shiny thing last year and a phone which I still do abuse and adore, there is a nopportunity for you to enjoy a Deja Vu for your very own self. If you can’t make it, don’t waste brainage with wasted excuses this time, for these people do seem to appear every year, at much the same time. Without fail, they are a true constant. I’m sure you may make it some day in your own way. I’m here just to remind you.

Photobucket

It’s in Wicklow, in the Parish Church on Church Hill, where two into one cars will not divide. It is Vivaldi with his Four Seasons in Summer mode. It is also J.S. Bach with his Suite in B Minor for Flute and Orchestra, it is Paganini with his heartbreaking Moses Variations and it is Tchaikovski remembering I.W. Samarin.

If you DO make it Wicklow Townward this year at eight bells on August 9th, you’ll find me at the back. I’ll be the one with the kid and the baby and the boy in the wheelchair that gleans strange amusements from stringy vibrations. I have a noisy bunch, for that I apologise in advance, but I just had to be there. You understand! I hope the locals will too.  Eep.

1. Jenny says:

I was thinking about that post a couple of days ago. Have absolutely no idea why it came into my head. Strange!
    Enjoy the performance and I hope the kids do as well.

The sweetest revenge will be when Puppychid
    starts the violin lessons!!!.

Oh, I love the video! So sweet and relaxed.

Have you been back since the first time? I hope it’s just as good. Have fun xx

Jenny; The subliminal messages I’ve been sending have worked! Yay!

Granny; The attic is very well soundproofed, what with all the extra asbestos I put in.

Jo; I hope so too! I didn’t go last year, I didn’t think a four-year-old had the patience for it. Why I think a five-year-old might, is beyond me.

bring quiet entertainment too…

Sounds wonderful. I can’t wait for summer, we have free Symphony in the Park in the Domain in Sydney. Just gorgeous on a warm summer night. (Your neighbours are very considerate, I inflicted trumpets and drums onto ours.)

The skills of those musicians amaze me. Every single note was in its place and as it should be and the musicians seem so grounded, it was beautiful.

Laughingboy was in a different place this time. Fanning him with one hand, muffling shouts with the other while bobbing a bouncing baby around became too much after a while and we had to go home.

We caught a quick whiff of Vivaldi and Mozart though, that’s the main thing.