May 12

Scottish connections? Nah, I call it pure skirt-envy.

Posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 in Family

I broke bread with God twice this week, that’s got to be a record for me.  The first time I drank from a chalice, the second time was today, during Laughingboy’s Communion.  He wore a kilt… good suit-rental timing that was!

cheese

church

kiddies

(somewhat unrelated wedding photies to show off the skirt action)

I so wish the HSE could’ve been there in the Church to see all those special needs kids in their finery with life sized pictures from school all over the walls and swaying clapping singers.  The kids proudly did their bit and shouted and crooned as much as they wanted.  They created their own mystical atmosphere and brought happy tears to their relatives, it was beautiful beyond description.

Then we left him into respite and said goodbye.  (sad smiley goes here)

Puppychild’s already elsewhere with her Grandad (not the one you all know and love, but t’other one).  He called to enquire about a haircut this evening, our fervent protests grew weaker when he told us of his reasoning;

“Grandad, will you bwush my hair peeze?”

“Okey dokey, sit down there and I’ll give it a go.”

Grandad sat quietly attacking the frizz on Puppychild’s shoulder-length mop as they watched TV for a while.  He noticed that every time he hit a tangle, she’d flinch.  He peeked around her shoulder after a bit to find tears streaming down her face, but she hadn’t made a squeak, and it broke his heart.

I, on the other hand, am well proud.  She’s taken that brave step that all us long-haireds must take.  Sleek hurts, but it’s worth it.  Bravery building blocks.

So now I have no kids and I’m at a loose end.  TAT is packing furiously, yet we still have five hours before the taxi is due to collect us for the airport.  I am dodging responsibility and hiding in the corner with a can of Bulmers.

thailand

That’s right, baby, THAILAND!!!!

I can’t mention it to any of my friends or passers by or shop-assistants, they just tell me they hate me.  It’s finally my turn to be hated.  WOOT!!!!

See yiz in two weeks.

Have a wonderful time!

2. susan says:

Wow. Don’t be taking no baths with big pythons (not like the one pictured anyhow)

Safely there and back again, and a wonderful time in between–Congratulations you too!

3. susan says:

*sigh*

…you TWO, I meant.

Well you all looked bloody lovely. Thailand! That’s only 7 hours from me! Just keep coming! I’m not going anywhere for a couple of weeks I’ll put the kettle on! Well, I’ll pop a cork or fill an ice bucket or something! Have a blast it’s been a long time coming and the kids will be fine!

5. Aw, you guys looked amazing (K8, you beeyootiful thang – what a fantastic dress – be careful, Maxi will be printing that pic out for further use). And the church service sounds perfect. Have a fab time you lovebirds! xx

6. GrowUp says:

Have the fun!

7. Jasus K8 but it’s fierce girly in these replies altogether.

Can I just say, to balance it up, that you look a fierce ROIDE altogether and yer man’s an annoyingly lucky bastard.

Congratulations!

8. I hope you have a blast!

9. warrior says:

You are a ride! Hope you shagg like mad the pair of you!

A Ride with the Teeniest Waist Ever! You all look GORGEOUS. Have a ball.

11. TenaciousT says:

Great photos! Hope you both enjoy the two weeks away:-)

12. nuttycow says:

Congratulations and have a lovely time!

13. Charmed says:

Hey K8 thanks for sharing, sounds like you’ve had a lovely few days. All the best in Thailand :-)

14. Rawr.

Sorry Grandad.

15. Have fun!

You look beautiful. Hope you had an amazing day. I’m weighing up the pros and cons of marriage as we speak – your pictures make me think I should put another tick on the pro side just because!

16. Holemaster says:

*builders whistle*

Have a well deserved long romantic holiday.

Xbox – That’s OK. Don’t make a habit of it though.

18. Have a blast in Thailand, K8 and TAT. :)

19. unstranger says:

K8, the HSE don’t do churches. But if they did they’d probably shut down a few hundred and thereby save themselves tonnes of hassle by moving all weddings to one great big Centre of Ceremonies!

20. Brighid says:

Beauty abounds, and now she’s abounding off to the snake charmer’s retreat. Congrats all around.

21. Congrats to you both! What a beautiful bride you make.sigh
    Have a great honeymoon!!!

22. Awwwww K8, the dress is beautiful.Congrats to you and TAT :)

Aww, tanks everybody! TAT says he will be adding a few of you to his hit-list, and that you’ve a week to start running.

*sigh*

So much for staying away from the internet!

24. […] to fellow Irish blogger, K8 the GR8 and new hubby TAT on their big day – pop over to K8’s blog and have a look at the kids in […]