Apr 30

April's Dog's Bollocks

Posted on Thursday, April 30, 2009 in Awards!

Dammit I’ve been meaning to do this for ages… poor Thrifty needed adequate mourning time though in all fairness.

o0o

April’s Dog’s Bollocks Award goes to a lady who posts stuff extraordinary all the time but I keep forgetting.  Her’s is one of those blogs that I find through linky-love and remember, but never remember to link to, so she’s my ‘happy surprise’ blog.  Does that make any sense?

Not any more.  Linked officially from here on in.

Voodoolady is the Dog’s Bollocks of the moment because of posts like these:

That blog is what this blog should be.  I want to post every day, about stuff that annoys me or fickles my tancy, the every-day normal people stuff that gives blogging its humanity.  I’d love to not give a shit, but sometimes when that happens, the paranoia overloads and I hate that feeling.  To be honest, this blogging lark freaks me out a bit… the worst moment is trying to watch a film shortly after posting a weird blog post.  It’s hard to concentrate when you feel like a muppet.

In the words of Voodoolady herself,

“I need to grow a pair.”

1. So that’s another blog I’m subscribed to now. I eagerly await the next bollock.

>I’d love to not give a shit, but sometimes >when that happens, the paranoia
    >overloads and I hate that feeling.

Yeah gothca. Quite often I wish I was totally anonymous so I could really let rip. And quite often having my own name as the url seems like a terrible idea.

O stop, stop! There are too many! I’m so late getting round to the blogs I love and now you’ve given me three more! I need to hire a reader! Don’t you ever stop giving a shit!

3. Warrior says:

feic that made me homesick!

4. Kirk M says:

I stopped by and gave her a congrats for the Award and watched the “Knacker” video. Like the “riding a hippo” part. Sounds like all of the arguments I’ve heard in my lifetime or a variant thereof. Love the accent also. Gives things a certain flair.

Note: But you don’t look like a Muppet.

5. Kirk M says:

Oh, I was going to say something about the “Getting ‘itched” photo in your sidebar. In fact I had several things to say about that “Getting ‘itched” photo in your sidebar but my sense of decorum got the better of me and I refrained.

However…

OMFG!!

@JohnB- But it’s a fitting URL, and a pretty nifty name to go through life with… you were either put on this earth to blog, or design rockets. You could start another blog named ‘Pinky’… your evil counterpart!

@Baino- It’s ok, it’s just one blog, with a trifecta of filth, humour and paranoia. I’d like a hired reader too… let me know if you find a good one?

@Warrior- I bet!!!

@Unstranger- It’s very difficult finding a blog of quality who’s willing to wear their dog’s bollocks on their sleeve. Hit or miss.

@KirkM- What!?! That dress is lovely, it’s a lot like my own… I ran out of funds when it came to the bodice. (Must remember not to do the Chicken Dance.)

7. Kirk M says:

K8 – It’s not the dress, it’s what’s stuffed into it that caused my exclamation. Makes me wonder what might have fallen out of that dress once she was half way lubricated at the reception. And how many times?

You, on the other hand, will look absolutely loverly in your dress. There’s a lot to be said for a perfect fit.

8. Voodoolady says:

Dude, you are really scraping the barrel giving me this but I shall accept graciously.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it on the page.