Mar 22

Happy Days

Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 in Little known facts, Something to think about

Ahhh, good times. Finally the Equinox has arrived and everything is on the up-and-up. Last year I wouldn’t have known this, but happily this year I have a quirky neighbour who is educating me in all things earth.

earth

Apparently now is the time to plant things, that is once the new moon arrives.  See, the moon not only has control over the tides, but also over underground water tables and other such funky unseen elements it would seem,  so growth is far more prosperous as the moon is waxing.

Once the moon is full and begins to wane, that’s when you do your weeding, or bury that body you’ve been trying to get rid of.

I’m absolutely raging I planted my hash-plant seedlings last week, If only I’d known.

Don’t believe a word of what Kirk M tells you about the Egginox, by the way.  Like a fool I tried to balance an egg on its tip and failed miserably.  Suckered.  That dude must have some seriously funky chickens.

vernal-egginox

Not a bit of it.

Also…

I’ve never been much of a fan of sport, but…

rugby

Isn’t it great that now the Irish can be known to excel at something other than excessive drinking?  Woohoo!

1. Kirk M says:

Hey, I can’t help it if you got the time wrong or you weren’t patient enough with it (it does take a lot of patience). And by the way…our chickens are perfectly normal.

Glad you tried though. By the way, Laurie balanced a half a dozen eggs (raw eggs, mind you) this year and they were bought at the local grocery store. The only thing I checked ’em for was cracks when I bought ’em.

I’ll write up a post complete with pics on the morrow. Meanwhile she posted them on her Facebook account so you can see them there if you wish. I believe you two know each other?

15 to 17 over Wales!!!
    Great news!

3. Grow Up says:

Odd shaped balls all round! (earth bulges at the equator)

4. Time to plant things eh?

Now where did I leave that incriminating evidence…

I tried this trick with free-range eggs (no cracks) for at least 15 minutes before I caved in feeling like an eejit.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a scientific bird and I would LOVE to see this trick proven. But…

it failed :(

Were your eggs from battery hens? Maybe they’re more attuned to solar occurrences out of desperation?

Or… maybe it only happens in your Meridian? I feel a Thesis coming on.

Great match!!! I burned the fish I was that engaged with that last kick. Burned fish is so much nicer on a happy stomach.

The earth is flat dude… hello?

See, that’s where they get the phrase ‘waxy’.

You get away with it when the waxing moon is flying.

9. GrowUp says:

Depends on your choice of reference geometry :-)

10. unstranger says:

Once was common knowledge. The moon is in a partnership arrangement with the earth. We get to benefit.

We’ve lost the mystery. It’s a crying shame if y’ask me.