Feb 20

Don't break my child

Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 in Awards!, Family, Quickie

Today I be mostly writing up an instruction manual for Laughingboy for the babysitters while I’m away at the Blog Awards.

So far there are thirty two pages.

Who says kids don’t come with manuals?!?!  Mine does, and it’s a pain in the ass trying to remember how he works.  It’s like trying to describe how to operate a stick-shift.

After all, our babysitters are both male… one is a DHL delivery man, the other is a chef.  They have never looked after my kids before, nor do they know what they’re getting themselves into.  I think they’re planning a party while we’re away…. heheh… good luck, lads.

funny-kid

1. Uh oh. I sometimes leave mine with D-next-door so I know that ‘ohhh shit, what am I doing?’ feeling as I drive away. Good luck, I have everything crossed!! x

2. Have a blast at the IBA’s, K8. Have a few pints on my account. :)

3. Kirk M says:

Good luck at the IBA’s, K8. Ought to be interesting since it seems two members of the family grace the top two spots in your category.

So how what’s the pot up to now? I’m assuming you two have a bet going betwixt yourselves.

Oh, and I’m awful sorry I couldn’t babysit. It’s just that the swim is so long and cold this time of year and I’m not as young as I used to be. Can I keep the copy of the manual you sent me? It’s just so well written.

4. Have fun at the awards, K8! Wish I could be there this year and actually get to meet you this time around.

Good luck, m’darlin!

Oh God! They don’t know what they’re in for. Let’s hope Puppychild has been observant and can give ’em hot tips. Have fun . . and the two drunk ladies complaining about their sore hips in the corner are GM and Biopsy so give ’em a swift kick for me!

This is your year. I’ll be anticipating the results with baited breath.
    Go K8!!!

7. Jack McMad says:

Hi K8. Best of luck at the awards tonight.

8. Kelley says:

I have one of those manuals. Handed it to the school before Boo started.

Scared the living shit outta them.

It was effing hilarious.

Good luck!

9. Well done, K8! Your Laughingboy post was indeed a piece of magic, just like the wee fella himself. Hope you had a great time last night! Can’t wait to see the pickchoors of you all carrying on!

I was right! This IS your year!!
    Congrats K8!!!!

11. Congratulations K8, it was a really great post.

Hope ye had a blast.

Wow I’m knackered. It’s all I can do to roll a cigarette and curl up to watch a gratuitously bloody horror flick.

Don’t worry though… I’ll be back.

With photos.

Blurry ones.

13. manuel says:

yo! well done you!

14. Congratulations. I look forward to reading you in future.

I’ve written you an Open Letter on my blog. I’d be grateful if you’d read it.

Paul