Feb 11

February's Dog's Bollocks

Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 in Awards!, Quickie

This month’s Dog’s Bollocks award goes to the man who came up with the following statements:

My inner caveman desires wide open spaces to hunt, not fucking Tesco whispering ‘Every little helps’ in my shell-like while getting busy Shawshank Redemption style on my butt.

and…

Yes, I am pissed again, but this time I am cross too. Cross at the little scumbags that fecked a bottle at me from the bus as it went past when I was walking home. Missed me. Fuckers. Hope your knobs fall off.

and…

I like to think of it in terms of a society having a goal, this helps define individual purpose. If a society has a common goal, as can be brought about by a disaster or crisis, people pull together and have a purpose, they have the freedom to act to make their world better. In the case of negative freedom, it become random and base. People revert to their fundamental nature, consuming and rutting and fighting, with or without a thin veneer of civilisation”

Right on, brother.

Thrift Criminal, you’re a great buzz, your posts are clever and with a unique sort of humour… please don’t bugger off in March and have us fend for ourselves!!  I don’t know what I’d do without your smartarse comments in my inbox.

We’ll miss you something rotten.  You’re the Dog’s Bollocks mate.

1. susan says:

An excellent choice! I’m hoping the March thing is an empty threat…

2. Nick says:

Well, if Thrifty has a pressing need to bugger off elsewhere, who am I to hold him back? But it’s such a great blog, it would be a crying shame if he disappeared into the sunset. When it comes to sound advice in the midst of this rotten world, every little helps….

Susan; It better be!

Nick; Well said. Very well said.

4. Lottie says:

Here here. Very disappointed to find he had scarpered.

Ah very well deserved. Love the old Thrifty .. do you really think he can keep those gems from spilling forth? He’s like a bad smell . . lingers long after he’s gone.

6. Holemaster says:

Is he going somewhere where the internet is not?

Lottie; We can’t just let the bloke disappear into oblivion like that, can we?!?!

Baino; Haha! I’d say most blokes would get wicked offended if they read the words ‘Bollocks’ and ‘Bad smell’ used as descriptive terms about them… but then again, this is Thrifty.

Holemaster; He’s staying put, it’s the site itself… it needs more 50p’s in its metre to keep it running, but Thrifty’s being thrifty. He reckons he needs food more than he needs a blog. Pft.

8. Hey! If they smell of anything it’s a hint of acetone.

And they cure minor ailments.

9. Quickroute says:

If he persists with this nonsense of quitting we’ll send the boys round to change his mind