Jan 28

Pubescent blog

Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 in Quickie

So this blog is almost 2 years old now, in blog years that’s 14, which means it’s hit puberty.

It almost has complete control over itself and therefore has begun experimenting with piercings and tattoos and hair colour changes as you may or may not notice.

It also thinks it knows everything, but is aware of the fact that it probably doesn’t, so it’s going to try it anyway… plenty of tantrums to come I’m sure, but sure isn’t that half the fun of learning?!?

Servers.  How lovely they are, with so much potential for destruction in the hands of an over-enthusiastic domestic engineer.  I’ve no idea what to do with it.  I wonder if I can control the fire sprinklers in the White House from here?  Tune in to CNN to find out…

hmm. It’s a bit like a scary woodshed in here. Is something narsty going to happen?

2. Wow. This is so very, very much better.

Well done.

3. Hmmm nice….bit like being in B&Q, I will over there sniffing the varnish if anyone wants me.

Jo; Only if you want it to.

Gimme; Thanks!! I’ve been waiting for so long for a change of scenery.

Queenie; Good point – nobody touch anything yet, the last coat might be a bit sticky.

Xbox4NappyRash; *sigh* Took me ages to get these laminates down…

Oooh you’ve decorated. (bears a slight resemblance to “The Other Fellow’s” don’t you think? Always liked a bit of parque myself.

6. Tinman18 says:

It’s very posh here now.

Is all of Enniskerry like this?

7. Lottie says:

Wow – now I know I have a problem. After reading all that my prevailing desire is to have a glass of wine. And you only mentioned it once.

8. Lottie says:

Sorry Kate – too many tabs open at once – wrong comment logged here. Sorry sorry!!!

9. Holemaster says:

What the….. where am I, who’s moved the furniture, where’s the old stool I sat on and wrote comments from?

10. Maxi Cane says:

Mucho nice.

14 blog years?

Mmmm, blog jailbait.

Baino; Similar colouring innit? Only less antiquated maybe. Parquet is good, especially for beer spillages.

Tinman18; Enniskerry? Where’s that?

Lottie; Haha multitask queen ;) Wine. Good idea.

Holemaster; I’ve a funky recliner with cooling fridges in the arms on order for you. Your stool got recycled.

Maxi; It has a shiv hidden in its widgets. It’s not stupid, y’know.

12. manuel says:

I absolutely love the new look……[looks bitterly at own blog….kicks it a bit and makes it go back under the stairs]

13. I’ve been thinking about a new look myself. This is nice. Was it much of a pain in the nads setting it all up?

Manuel; Nah, you’ve got game and you know it. ;)

Moodog; Yes and no… I’ve been hanging for the day I’d have control over a server, and now, thanks to Grandad or the other fella (I can’t figure out which one I’m related to), I’m off the hizook.

Way in over my head and loving it.

15. Yowzzaa! Me likes. It’s all warm and cozy. Perfect theme for winter or a bbq. :)

That’s a hilarious painting!

17. Nick says:

Oooh yes very nice indeed. What a dab hand you are at the DIY. All very cosy and welcoming. But shouldn’t there be a big wood fire in the corner flickering away? You could even do some toast on it.

18. Nick says:

The pig presumably symbolises the capitalist excesses of advanced industrial societies, comrade.

Jefferson; Thanks :) I was glad to be shot of all the whiteness.

Jo; It’s funny ‘coz it’s true?

Nick; Fire. Good idea… something to roast the pig on. Anyone up for a luau?

20. Mmmmmm, homey. Blogs need a new house too. Makes me want to reno mine.
    It’s pretty here. Smells new.

21. TheChrisD says:

Well, our blogs now have one more thing in commom – they’re both around 2 years old, and they’re both sporting new looks.

Although I think mine went for more of a “punk” styling…

Ms Barbara Jane; Yes, once this one begins to smell of wet dog again, it’ll change. I love the smell of new blogs too.

Jenny; Thank you! Nice designers have WordPress got.

TheChrisD; I like your changes – it has that ‘the dude abides’ sort of quality to it. You’ve chosen one of my favourite hex values too:)

23. I LOVE. Thought I’d got the wrong blog when I first landed. It suits you, somehow. Nice.