Jan 5

Take Pwiicautions

Posted on Monday, January 5, 2009 in Family, Humourarse, On the box, Quickie

The Wii small hours this morning found TAT, his dodgy Italian friend and me surrounding the TV set, psyching ourselves up for a Wii game of tennis or two.

Various screenshots flashed in front of our eyes as the characters were being set up and the controls configured, the final screenshot advertised that gaming might be made more comfortable with the use of Wii jackets.

wii

“Why’s that?” … I asked…  “is that so you don’t crack someone’s skull open when it gets in the way of a back-hand shot?”

“Nah, it’s so that when you let go of the controller accidentally, it won’t break when it hits the wall” guessed the dodgy Italian friend.

“Maybe it stops your hand getting sweaty or from cramping up, y’know, ergonomics and all that.  Is that a word?”  I fought with the rubbery cover and dirty thoughts crossed my mind as I did so, but I didn’t voice them.  That’s New Year’s resolution no. 16.

“Nope” said TAT “you’re both wrong.  It’s to prevent S.T.Wiis!”

Groan.

1. holemaster says:

HA. I like it. Didn’t loads of people smash their tellies though by letting go of them?

2. I’m so tempted to get one. Would play havoc with the blog name though.

3. Kirk M says:

My lady’s youngest (grown) son got one of these Wii things for Christmas. Found out my bowling score is no different virtually than it is realistically. Finally a video game I can play (I’m joystick impaired you know).

And yes, it was all those folks who bought the first generation of Wii’s (sans rubber and wrist strap) that pounded the controllers through their TV screens that brought about all these safety related items. I thought it was funny as hell (especially when it was one of those horribly overpriced wide-screen Flat panel jobbers).

4. Maxi Cane says:

I just don’t ever want to use the sentence, “I’m going to play with my wii”.

Holemaster; Teehee… yeah!

Xbox4nappyrash; Yeah you’d sound like an anti-sudocrem movement or something.

KirkM; My friend was brained by a very dramatic baseball swing once… it’s a pretty dodgy toy, probably why it’s so much fun!

Maxi; It’s when you’re playing with your wii with other men, now THAT’s disturbing.

6. Everyone wants to play with their wii. There, I said that! :)

Those darn things do get slippery after playing for a while. I mean the controllers. :)

7. JackMcMad says:

‘dirty thoughts crossed my mind as I did so, but I didn’t voice them’

Heh!

You should try the Wii-brator or the dwiildo. I shit you not, they exist!

I spent most of Christmas wii-ing all over the sitting room!

8. TheChrisD says:

Well, they do help in not breaking bones – I once made a huge tennis shot and smashed my hand, jacketed controller and all into my mom’s elbow (who was standing next to me)…