Nov 26

Eyes on the prize

Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 in Something to think about

If anybody is bored in Bray tomorrow night, there’s a pretty excellent fundraiser happening for Laughingboy’s school – here’s the blurb:

BRAY LIONS CLUB DREAM AUCTION
HOLLANDS PUB MAIN STREET BRAY
THURSDAY 27TH NOVEMBER 2008
FROM 8.30PM

LOTS OF FABULOUS ITEMS ON OFFER
Ideal Christmas Gifts

Weekends Away, A cooked meal for 8 in your own home, One week stay in a 3 bed apartment near Marbella, 4 Ball in Druids Heath, Sean Kelly Cycling Jersey, Voucher for Free Range Turkey, Christmas Cake, Dinner Vouchers, Spa Day, Hair Care Voucher, **** **** ****, Framed Art, Jewellery and much more…

See how I blanked one of the prizes?  I want you to try and guess what it is, but I have clues.

1. Its placement on the list of prizes gives you a rough idea of its value.
2. If you win, you might feel something wet.
3. While chewing the fat, you may hear about teenage dreams.

If you guess correctly, you name gets put into a pretty hat to win a signed copy of Grandad’s buke, which should be worth quite a few bob in years to come!!!

You in 2103 after making a killing on ebay

You have a copy of the book? Wow! Where can I get one? I didn’t know it had even been printed yet!

Nice prizes but since I’m 12,000 miles a way * **** **** ****** ******** won’t help me much. Good luck with the fund raiser, you know I’d be there if I could!

Ok well there might be a bit of a wait involved! I’m taking certain liberties here, work with me.

@ Baino; I hear this particular prize is known to travel! Can’t go to the auction meself and I’m only a few miles away, isn’t that bad? TAT is working in Bray though, he might go.

4. TheChrisD says:

Who’s going to be in Bray tomorrow night…?

5. Is it “A chance to touch Feargal Sharkey“?

1. Its placement on the list of prizes gives you a rough idea of its value.
    Check!

2. If you win, you might feel something wet.
    Check! (I like him a LOT)

3. While chewing the fat, you may hear about teenage dreams.
    Check! (Hard to beat you know!)

6. ahh nice one kate you have dont it again i will be making an appearance in hollands tomorrow and throw a few euros in the bucket. thats if im not working sob.

The Chris D; I’m out, still living in Boggerland miles away from anywhere with no nanny :( Jaypers but I can’t wait to move back into the thick o’ things.

Bad Ambassador; Damn, you’re close. This prize may even find you wetter still, though :)

Vicky; Good on ya! I hope there’s a good crowd :)

8. stipes says:

Free Maxi Cane?

9. JackMcMad says:

Hey, I’ve met that auld one in the pic in Havana.
    She’s very funny. I took her picture in that very same doorway. Cost me a dollar. She hangs around La Bodegita del Medio, a bar Hemmingway used to frequent for his Mojitos.

Stipes; The polar opposite of Maxi Cane. So opposite they wouldn’t even attract. If they did, I wouldn’t want to see it!

McMad; What cost you a dollar?! No wait, I don’t want to know. I like Mojitos… they’re a very important food group.

11. Hmm…I don’t know. Maybe meeting the old fart on the left? He’d probably spit five gallons of saliva on ya while spewing his teenage dreams. Do we really want to know what his teenage dreams were? :)