Oct 12

Spot the deliberate mistake

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 in Humourarse, Strange and Unusual

I was stuck staring at the back-end of a bus today and noticed something funny.

Can you see anything wrong with this picture?

Here they are… all these lovely places to visit so that you can call your mates at home and brag about how cool you are… there’s Paris, Egypt, London, New York – but wait!  What’s that?

How’s that?

I sincerely doubt they have a mast on the moon, but even if they did, wouldn’t that nasty vacuum play havoc with the radio waves?  I’ve a good mind to ring yer wan in Meteor, tell her I’m planning a New Year’s trip to the moon and ask her how much roaming costs from 384,400km away!?!

That’s not false advertising, it’s just being silly.

1. Haha…The hot chicks and intriguing graphics on the back of buses is just one of the many things I love about Europe! :) I wish we had that sort of advertisement here. At least I’d have something to entertain me while driving from place to place. Of course, I’d be following the buses around everywhere! :)

2. Peashooter says:

These days most advertisement is silly, annoying, aggressive and often outright offensive (to certain people, and to the intelligence of most of us). Rarely is it informative, which should be its purpose in the first place.
    Our world is so polluted by advertisement that it often not even can fulfil its desired purpose. For me most of it is a colossal waste of energy, time, space and money.

3. Nah, they don’t have a mast on the moon. They piggy-back off other provider’s networks. Same as they do on Earth.

Maybe they have a deal with Vogonfone or MO2Net.

I dunno but I thought looking like the ‘back end’ of a bus was a bad thing . .wouldn’t mind looking like the back end of that one!

5. Maxi Cane says:

The one place in the Universe where the Meteor coverage is worse than here.

6. that girl has webbed fingers , she’s a moononian

7. EM waves like vacuums. It’s where they are fastest.

8. Warrior says:

I never knew the tower of piza got knocked over by a a fecking moon, now I understand the whole leaning thing..

9. manuel says:

taking photos whilst driving eh……that’s gotta be a fifty quid fine right there……hehehehe

10. hee hee now there is a question will i get good phone rates with methor well i am actually on planning to go the the moon for my xmas hols. Will promise to bring you back some moon rock.

Jefferson; I love tailgaiting buses.. you’d be amazed how much diesel I save doing that, mind you, not so much on Bray’s main street.

Peashooter; Advertising is a brutal waste of time and resource, I’m with you there. I just try to blank it out, otherwise I’d go nuts. I feel sorry for the gullible people out there though.

Primal Sneeze; *sigh* You’re probably right, the reception on the moon’s probably better than in my gaff.

Baino; I dunno… she might be pretty, but she smells pretty awful.

Maxi; I know – I’ve to resort to the old yoghurt-pot-and-piece-of-string trick most of the time.

Roy; Moononias are huge! She’s squished most of Manhatten by the looks of it.

Thrifty; *sigh* You’re so clever. The innards of my head would make an excellent conductor, so.

Warrior; It must have been on it’s mobile when that happened. Moons are crap at multi-tasking.

Manuel; May I point out the brake-lights? Would’ve cost me a hell of a lot more than 50 quid if I’d carried on driving ;)

Vicky; *tsk* Lucky you. Mind out for the buses up there.