Sep 16

Facebinge

Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 in Uncategorized

Time has most certainly flown here in Headrambles Manor.  The three weeks are up and the aul’ pair should be back safe and sound and lording it up tomorrow evening.  Slides, anyone?

It’s sad to say but the highlight over the last three weeks isn’t the beautiful forest walks or the extra book reading time or the insane parties, because none of this happened.  No, the highlight has been the vast increase in internet speed…  wow, you’ve no idea how much I missed broadband.

So you’d think I’d spend the time researching all sorts of interesting but useless facts about various things, or reading and commenting on as many blogs as possible, wouldn’t you?  Nope!  I’ve been whoring around on Facebook, kidnapping people, playing endless games of Crazy Taxi and feeding other people’s virtual pets.  Complete waste of time, certainly,  but the best holiday I’ve had in ages!

I’m sorry if I’ve annoyed anybody with stupid requests, but the bonus is that I’ve finally discovered what the fuck ‘l33t’ and ‘pwn’ means (World of Weirdcraft or something…).  Also I happily found pretty much every friend I’ve ever known in my life!  The application searches for friends of friends that you already have and suggests people you might know; my old classroom is slowly re-assembling before my eyes which beats the pants off a reunion in my view.

I’m heading back to the dingy underworld of country dial-up tomorrow, so normal service will resume if inspiration should find its way through the fog… I’ll let you know.

*sigh*

Can somebody please look after my virtual dog?

Awww . .I’ll miss you – you internet whore! You forgot Skype IM! And feel free to poke me anytime. I mean that in the nicest possible way! Finally K8 pwnd_teh_n00bs – ROFLMOCOPTER!

2. Ok, I thought I was up on the lingo, I’ve got pwn, but wtf is l33t?!

3. Maxi Cane says:

I’m completely out of it as far as lingo goes.

Like the other day for example, I only figured out that LOL means “I’m a twat who abbreviates my actions”.

Baino; Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon enough to bug the ROFL out of ya!!! ;)

Raptureponies; It’s a geek language!! ?r0?3r d3f1n1710n h3r3

Maxi Cane; That’s about the level of it mate. I like LOLLERCOASTER! though. I also admit to LOLlerblading through some of your smut in the past.

6. Maxi Cane says:

Smut?

How very dare you.

“If I’ve been to a place more than twice, chances are I’ve blown my beans in the surroundings.”

The defense rests :) Not that I’m complaining, mind.

8. Maxi Cane says:

I like beans and if they’re hot I’ll have to blow on them.

Don’t take my stuff out of context!!!!!

9. Jay says:

Tut, tut .. if you get a dog, you must learn to look after it yourself, you know! A dog is for life, not just for Facebook!!

Yeah, I’m out of touch with the Geekspeak, too. I have no idea what l33t means, either!

10. TheChrisD says:

Liek WTf, I told u 2 fake a, rotate 2 b thru middl?

Wow, I haven’t spoken in Counter-Strike language in ages :)

11. Medbh says:

Your virtual Rottie is adorable, K8.

12. Natalie says:

I had a virtual dog too – but I removed the application because when I logged on and he was hungry I felt so bad!!! Crazy – YES I will admit it! Play Word Cube – it is lots of fun, and never goes hungry or needs a belly scratch…

Virtual dogs!?!
    What’s next?
    Virtual wives and husbands?
    Bof!

You’re foolin’ nobody, Maxboy!!!

Jay; Meanwhile my real dog is going crazy trying to get my attention! Oh well.

The Chris D; Heheh! A wasted childhood is never a childhood wasted!

Medbh; Thanks, he’s called Sprocket. Soon to be an ex-Sprocket I fear.

Natalie; Yep, spent a whole three days on wordcube! Then unfortunately for my poor brain, poker took over.

Brianf; Why not? You can turn them on and off whenever you like and they don’t make a mess… sounds like a sweet marriage to me! I’m absolutely positively sure it’s been done SOMEWHERE on this planet before… most likely in the U.S. ;)