Aug 21

Hiatus

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 in Quickie, Something to think about

I’m going away to a very exotic location for the weekend.

It involves the Mersey.  Ok so it’s not that exotic but it’s different.  Ok so it’s not all that different but at least the accent changes.

*sigh*

Here’s a riddle or three to occupy you while I’m gone:

1. You are lost and alone in the woods.  You stumble across an old cabin, and decide to stay there for the night. You want some heat and light, but the only things you find in the cabin are a candle, an oil lamp and a wood burning stove. You look in your pocket but you only have one match left. What do you light first?

2. What is the situation?

“I am afraid to go home because the man in the mask is there…”

3. What is so delicate that when you say its name it is broken?

Have a most excellent weekend whatever planet you’re on.

1. #1 Candle
    #2 huh?
    #3 looks like silence.

Have a groovy one!

2. John B says:

#1 The match :)
    #2 You’re a character in Halloween?
    #3 Thrift beat me to it!

3. yeah, remembered #1 should have been the match on the way home. Ah well, I snooze, I loose :-)

4. I’m totally lost with two…

Hope you enjoy plenty of Bow Chikka Wow Wow this weekend!

5. Maureen says:

#2 – You’re playing baseball and rounding third base for home….the back-catcher wears a mask and if he’s got the ball, he could tag you ‘out’.

Have a great one!

#1 Match

#2 Grandad is babysitting

#3 Silence or a spell

Come back soon we miss you already!

7. Maxi Cane says:

Match

He touches me in my special area….

I’ll have to go with silence too

Have a good one.

8. cathy says:

I got match and silence, but for no2, I could only think “why would the dentist be in my house?”

She has only left me with an injured dog needing painkillers and two gerbils! Bubble and Squeek,strange names very strange daughter! Time to ask the neighbours in for a bite!!!

10. King Bob says:

Please be careful in the vicinity of the Mersey, the locals may appear to be friendly but they have a reputation of “stealing the snot from your nose”. That was actually how a Bray cab driver described Dublin cab drivers.

11. Quickroute says:

The candle, you can always light summit else with that – enjoy the ferry across the Mersey!

12. Quickroute says:

Damn – I stayed awake all night but I got them

1. The match

2. Baseball

3. Silence

pls can I go back to sleep – pretty pls?

13. warrior says:

the match and silence but I can’t get number 2

14. Drat, I take a two or was it three, day hiatus myself and come back to find that you’ve gone on a hiatus! I could have nailed one and three without a worry, but number two had me stumped until I saw the comments. :)

Have a grand hiatus, K8. :)

15. Natalie says:

Enjoy your R&R – don’t be scared, the gerbils are fine, your dad seems to be developing a soft spot for them so he will save them from the cooking pot…so ignore Herself/granny comment!!! LOL.

Back!! Well kind of. I’m battered.

Seems like I need a holiday to get over the holiday.

Well done all youz sharpies, didn’t take you long to figure out me riddles, well apart from #2 that is.
    FAIR PLAY Maureen!!! And to Quickroute too, but I suspect you filched ;) Yes you can sleep now.

The answers are indeed:

1. The match
    2. Baseball player on third base attempting to run home
    3. Silence

Manchester was lovely but it smells funny…

17. John B says:

>I’m battered.

Like your neighbour in the chipper?

Yes indeedy;)

19. Tinman18 says:

Manchester? The Mersey??

20. […] Saved by fren7 on Fri 26-9-2008 What is something I said? Saved by psychloke on Thu 25-9-2008 Hiatus Saved by lrstille on Thu 25-9-2008 How To Stumble Saved by c0wb0yz on Fri 12-9-2008 Pamela […]