Jul 23

Discerning daughter

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 in Family, On the box, Strange and Unusual

Puppychild likes to watch DVDs as she falls alseep, it’s a wicked habit, I know that.  I plan to put a stop to it as soon as I can figure out how…

…anyway normally she’d ask for Cinderella or the Care Bears or some Godawful crud like that but tonight she impressed me no end;

“Mommy?” (shouted from the top of the stairs)

“Yes-see?”

“Wanna watch?”

“What you wanna watch?”

“King Arthur.  King of the Brittins!”

Now you’d expect a child of three years of age to produce many clear words relating to stuff she knows through endless practice, but these knocked me for six altogether – turns out she watches this film sometimes with her dad while I’m at work and is well impressed with the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog.   I went to the bookshelf and found it – Monty Python’s The Holy Grail

She loves this film a little bit too much.

I’m waiting for that day though… that day when I find myself having to man-handle her in the supermarket for wanting to trolleyseat-surf, and for her to shout for all to hear…

Ahh.  It’s good to see the apple hasn’t fallen far from the nnNi.

1. Please may I have her?

2. Medbh says:

Better for her to learn that you can tell the king by the one that doesn’t have shit all over him!

3. Carole says:

I’m afraid that watching TV to fall asleep is a habit she may never grow out of. Just ask my husband!

4. Ha! At least she didn’t tell you smelt of elderberries!

5. kerryview says:

I can hear her say “what did bloggers ever do for us?”

6. warrior says:

oh well you could just start showing her really crappy documentaries, she would give up watching and be asleep in no time

7. Quickroute says:

Always look on the bright side…..
    That’s a young age to have appreciation of such sharp wit!

8. Nick says:

“Help! Help! I’m being repressed! Come see the violence inherent in the system!” Now that would be a lot more healthy and socialist feminist than swooning over the imperialist King Arthur. Some serious brainwashing required right now.

9. AnFearBui says:

My daughter loved the life of Brian but I did have the “Isn’t this the bit where he gets up in the morning & opens the shutters……….oh shit!”

10. Lottie says:

Ah Monty Python. She has good taste!

11. Just wait until she starts bleuing her neuse in your general direction.

Xbox4nappyrash; She wouldn’t be a patch on your very own mini-me, but she can tutor Spencer in the meantime…

Medbh; Same applies to the rent collector in our neighbourhood.

Carole; *sigh* Yep I know what that’s like. Oh well.

Thriftcriminal; Give it time…

Kerryview; Don’t worry, as soon as she’s computer trained I’ll get her on our side!

Warrior; That’s asking for war.

Quickroute; I think it’s the crazy man on the mountain and the monster and the most excellent animated bits in between… I’m not sure she gets the wit so much. I caught her examining a coconut in the supermarket :)

Nick; So how do I explain Castle Anthrax?!

An FearBui; HA! Yes, a quick draw is a very necessary skill where chis’lers are concerned!!

Lottie; Only temporarily. She’s back on the Disney buzz now.

Sam, Problemchildbride; And demanding shrubberies! (Nice ones)

13. Oh you sneaky wee lurker you!
    ;0)

14. Kirk M says:

I would have died right there at the bottom of your stairs from laughing if I had been there. God help you if she starts demanding a shrubbery!!! (or says “NI” to you).

Tell her I love her from me could you?

15. Kirk M says:

Oh yeah, I’m finally going get get time today to do that meme you shot at me. Please excuse my tardiness. :P

Xbox4NappyRash; Sussed.

Kirk M; Dude, there’s no rush on the memes, or it’s not in the rules anywhere that there should be so far as I know. I think my record for meme tardiness is 4 weeks. Besides, those questions take a bit of thunking!!