Jun 23

Easy come, easy d'oh!

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 in Humourarse, Jobs

We bought a new car last month.  I protested, but the accidental terrorist insisted, pleading the fact that a 92 VW Golf is very rare being that there are only sixteen of them left in the country.  My argument of; ‘Duhh… the rest have been scrapped ‘coz they’re bangers!’ fell on deaf ears, because new cars are like strings – every yoyo wants one.  ‘It’s my best mate’s car, he wants it to go to someone who he trusts!’ was the last word, so bought it we did.  It was the first car with automatic transition that I’d ever owned so obviously I fell in love with it immediately.

Two days ago, we bought another car, a VW Passat.  The Golf was scrapped in a heartbeat.

“Don’t tell me mate, ok?”

The Passat is lovely.  It’s very dark and slinky and automatic and tryptonic and shiny and fast and my neighbours have their eyes on it… they’re convinced we’re drug dealers so a pretty car suddenly appearing outside our house should come as no surprise, but I’m getting some pretty cryptic comments from them so I’m saying nothing, and letting them stew.

I felt bad for TAT’s best friend, but being that he is also a yoyo, he probably won’t mind.  I missed the Golf, but only until I got to sit in the driver’s seat of bright and shiny for a trip to the local shop and I knew… this is the one.  I might marry this car – it’s absolutely perfect for this taxiiiing lark.

Guess what?

The accidental terrorist crashed it today!

Oh how I laughed.

You cannot be serious?!

I hope he hurt didn’t hurt himself?

2. The wally.

I love irony.

3. robert says:

Jaysus!

Is he alright?

4. *Tut* typical man.

My first car was a golf, it turned into the General Lee after a couple of prangs, (different coloured bonnet/doors etc) and was replaced by an 88 GTI it went like s*Hit off the proverbial shovel.

Hope yours is salvageable?

Ok, ok so I exaggerated a bit for impact, as it were.

TAT was rear-ended at traffic lights due to a Ford Focus aquaplaining up his bum. Passat is fine on the outside (it has a nifty re-bound feature!) but a bit messed up on the inside, nothing a night in the mechanical Mater won’t fix.
    Apparently the Focus is fucked though. Bummer for him.

Also TAT is fine (on the outside) thanks for axing :)

a Ford Focus aquaplaining up his bum

Some people would pay a fortune for that.

Kinky! ;)

8. Ah, it was just that ol’ Golf having the last laugh. I’m glad all is well though… :)

Awww . . . glad everyone’s Okely Dokely.
    My banger’s hardly even worth insuring although the only aquaplaning I did was up an Audi’s bum . . .so ended up being worth the premium to fix a teensy weensy scratch that my licence plate made on his bumper bar which was quoted at $5,000! I love it when men do things that are so often attributed to women “Bloody women drivers” . . . at least over here we’ve translated that to “Bloody Chinese drivers” BEWARE the CAMRY!

10. Quickroute says:

I’ve never owned a car and after reading this I might not ever!

11. Ah cars. The financial bane, yet emotional love of my life.

Just like women. I like both of them in leather like. Giggle.

Squidward; K. Y?

Jefferson; It’s insurance-tastic!

Baino; It’s ‘beware the Poles’ around here these days, and I don’t mean the ESB variety.

Quickroute; I love cars, me. Can’t be doing with all that walking lark.

Moodog; I’m a big fan of buff, me :)