May 29

Visiting mutant-slayer not to be sneezed at

Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 in Humourarse, Quickie, Something to think about, Strange and Unusual

A young man was arrested in Dublin City last night for the attempted smuggling of snuff with a street value of approximately €2.99.

Jefferson Davis of no fixed abode allegedly alerted his accomplice (known as ‘K8 the Gr8’) to his situation on live television, using morse code during the Angelus from his holding cell.  A guard commented; “Jaysus but that Jack Bauer lad hasn’t a patch on Davis!”

The communication led to a botched rescue attempt resulting in severe weather changes and an accidental chemical leak into the Dublin City water supply system, however the pair escaped and fortunately later saved the world from the resulting epidemic of mutant pidgeons.  Witnesses gave an account of an elaborate scheme involving The Spire on O’Connell Street, a tankload of peanut butter, a beer mat and 10,000 supermarket trolleys.

The Gardaí gave the heroes a glowing report.

You make a lovely couple. There is an obvious glow between you.

2. There’s a Jason & the golden fleece joke in my head SOMEWHERE, but I’m giving up after 8 minutes trying to get it out.

3. I heard this on the news recently “Customs officials at Narita airport Japan, have lost 124 grams of hashish they planted in an unknowing traveler’s luggage to train drug sniffing dogs, the official couldn’t remember which bag he put it in when the dogs failed to find it!”

Did the Gardai beam up during the photo shoot?
    Are we to believe that Worf is the commandant of the Gardai?

5. She must have had Reddy Brek that morning.

Thanks for clearing up that mutant pigeon business too. Coulda been nasty. Although when I see pigeons pooing all down our garage I’m sorely tempted to mutate their stupid little heads right around and up their arses. “Evolve you way out of that, mofos!” I might scream but I haven’t really given it much thought.

I’d be careful of fellas like him. I certainly wouldn’t pick him up on the street :roll:

7. God, I must have been legless by the time the Gardai got involved. :)

@Brian F. Don’t be leaking the Gardai’s secrets! I’m somewhere if not no where.

So it’s true then….

The Gardaí have been moonlighting, doing security work at Sellafield?

Ma; You could say that Garda lady took a ‘shine’ to Jefferson?

Xbox4nappyrash; Pollux.

Roy; Yeah I heard about that on the radio… I cracked up when I heard the bit at the end about appealing to the public to return it! Like that’s going to happen. Yer man must’ve gotten a right rollickin’ for that one!!!

BrianF; No, that would be ‘he who must not be named’. Jefferson created a protective field with his wand which left this nice lady all a-glow. See?

Sam; Heh heh that might work! Anything that eats cold vomit off pavements is destined for a sticky end. That sight is what kicked off my morning sickness when I was on the bubble with Laughingboy. I was fine before that, but afterwards? Just kept picturing it. Ugh.

Grannymar; Don’t be coy… that’s not what I’ve heard ;)

Jefferson; You were on your fifth Jaeger-bomber but you were holding up pretty well… you passed a breath-test which was impressive.

Da; Best way to preserve them for the future!

So . . I heard you sniffed the snuff and nearly snuffed it? Now that’s something to sniff about.

11. warrior says:

you are not half bad K8. :-)

Baino; It was eucalyptus snuff and was quite invigorating. Yes it was indeed something to sniff about. For two days. I can still smell eucalyptus sometimes.

Warrior; Why spank you!
    I hate photos of myself, I remind myself of Iníon Ní Mhuirí, my old maths/Irish teacher. She was a scary person to look at.