Mar 2

Bloggywards '08

Posted on Sunday, March 2, 2008 in Awards!, Family, Strange and Unusual

How excellent the Blog Awards were last night!

Best Bud attended, probably expecting a real geekshow, but was so obviously impressed by the crowd, the presenter, and the humourarse George Dubya preludes.  Not to mention her winning a DVD player!  ‘*sigh* I never win anything…’ came from her disillusioned lips just as her numbers were called out.

You know what was the strangest part?

Normally at a party, you’ll find yourself gazing upon a sea of unfamiliar faces.  You look at a person and wonder what their story is, so you talk to them to find out.  Last night, however, I felt like I knew at least half of the people quite well already from reading their blogs, but I had no idea how to tie these personalities to the faces!  Name badges were supplied, but a dry-wipe board in one corner of the room would’ve helped- a blank grid perhaps, with the heading: ‘Who are you and what are you wearing?!?!’   Sincere thanks to the bloggers who came over and chatted to me, for I was painfully shy!

There were, however, some people who had no need for nametags at all at all…

gdad.jpg

‘Isn’t he sooo pretty?’

I stuck by Hails and her sister and together we gazed at tits at a vague attempt to read the small print, but it was pretty tough going – this would explain my uncharacteristic rapture at recognising Medbh thanks to her patent yellow slingbacks, then my double rapture to find she was chatting to Gimme.  I truly apologise to the poor bloke they were talking to for interrupting their conversation so unbelievably rudely!

I had to split shortly after before my ballgown turned back into a Van Halen t-shirt at the stroke of midnight and TAT turned back into a badger.

I hope there aren’t too many heads suffering from backwards rollercoaster syndrome today.

Me?  I am a little delicat…

delicat.jpg

(for the record, I swear this picture is not photoshopped!)

You was robbed!
    If it’s any consolation you’re my favorite newcomer.

2. manuel says:

It was great to meet you last night…….

3. TenaciousT says:

Excellent night indeed!! Great meeting you so thanks for coming to stare at my tit with Hails and The Sister!

4. Hails says:

Heheheh. He’ll soon be needing bodyguards to protect him from the adoring fans.

5. John B says:

>You was robbed!

Seconded!

J.

Brian and John; I wasn’t robbed at all! The award went to the right person and was very well deserved :) My material is just ahead of its time! I know that someday the rest of the world will catch up and then after my untimely death my poetry will be on the brain of every schoolchild in Ireland. See?

Manuel; You too! I wish I could’ve hung around for the drunken shite-talk at the end :)

Hails; I know! I could’ve shot him for not wearing the hat I lovingly crocheted for him though. Some people…

Tenacious T; Thank you for proving that approaching a stranger and striking up interesting conversation isn’t a scary thing at all :)
    I was thinking of you earlier on and desperately trying to remember your blog name (damn Carlsberg and its neuron killing tendencies…) and hoping you’d find me first, so thanks a million for commenting!

8. Ben says:

Was totally bummed i couldn’t make it on Saturday! :(

By the looks of it , the night went well! Hard luck on missing out! :)

9. Is that a levitating Lynx? Hard luck on the gong, I’m going to do the whole schmozzle next year, along with the pre-meet with assorted reprob8s I had on Friday pm.

Ben; There’s always next year?

Conan; That’s my cat of fantastically excellent balancing skills. I’d love to learn how to schmozzle. Is there a schmozzling for dummies book?

The paparazzi caught you last Saturday!

HEY! Thanks for the heads up!

*tsk* Bra strap showing an’all… classy bird, me.

13. TenaciousT says:

Hiya-not scary at all:-) There are still a few I am trying to remember myself…can remember the faces so well but the damn vodka is a demon when it comes to things like letters!

14. Ben says:

haha so ya got the mop chopped in the end?

15. Medbh says:

K8, I’m so bummed that I didn’t meet you until the end of the evening. We need to have bigger name tags.
    Thanks for finding me!

TenaciousT; I have no idea how I forgot your name considering I’m a HUUGE Jack Black fan. I tend to forget my own name sometimes though.

Ben; That coin jar bought new specs, new dress AND a haircut! I love my penny jar. The hair was scaring small children so it had to go.

Medbh; It was your shoes that found me! Yours was the last blog I looked at before I left for the night so I knew to look for the yellow slingbacks and LO! there they were, staring at me from the top of the stairs :)

17. […] By Sharon: I won!    • By Graham: Consmackulations!    • By K8: Bloggyawards 08    • By Sweary: You Like Me! You Actually Like Me!    • […]