Nov 20

Not enough people!

Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 in Humourarse, Little known facts, Quickie, Something to think about

baby_poo_big.jpg

A newborn expels its own body weight in waste every 60 hours.

Just about 3 people are born every second, and about 1.3333 people die every second. The result is about a 2 and 2/3 net increase of people every second. Almost 10 people more live on this Earth now, than before you finished reading this.

The number of people alive on earth right now is higher than the number of all the people that have died. Ever.

The Population of the world can live within the state boundaries of Texas.

strong-ant.jpg

The total combined weight of the world’s ant population is heavier than the weight of the human population.

The number of cars on the planet is increasing three times faster than the population growth.

And finally, unrelated but still warranting a mention:

Every day is about 55 billionths of a second longer than the day before it.

‘Every day is about 55 billionths of a second longer than the day before it.’

…and there was I thinking time was going faster as I got older!

The picture above ^^ is it your dad without the wig?

OK, now are we to start hunting Ants or Texans? Are we to round up all the Ants and put them all on a strict diet? The Adkins Diet or something trendier? Maybe we need to sit down with our cars and have a good talking to with them and why is it my boss adds that extra 55 billionth of a second to my work day, every day?

3. ‘Every day is about 55 billionths of a second longer than the day before it.’

I knew those fucking druids made a floating point rounding error in that stone circle construction. Just can’t get good engineers anymore…..

So in summary baby’s are really inefficient, ants are our true masters, and we aren’t dying fast enough despite the efforts of american cuisine.

4. b3n says:

I love that fact: There are more people alive today than have ever died. I’ve said that to people and they look at me as if I have 2 heads. The fools, the fools!!

Grannymar; Yep! That’s his ‘I’ve just eaten cabbage and beans’ face.

Brian; Good segue-ing there… I knew there was a connection in there between all these things but wasn’t arsed investigating it. So thanks for that.

Thriftcriminal; Maybe that’s what all the swirly-bits on Newgrange’s door stone is all about? I want to know where all these extra cars are, and why aren’t they free?

B3n; I had a hard time believing that one, I’m glad you’ve heard it before. Can this seriously be true?!?!

6. Conortje says:

What about work days – I’m certain they’re longer than weekend days- somebody must have proved that one

7. Some days I really feel that extra 55 billionth of a second.

8. b3n says:

Yeah, it seems so what with the huge population mushroom explosion and all.

9. Roy says:

Hiya K8, from your comment I didn’t realise you had your own blog, I just thought you contributed to Headrambles, good luck with the test.
    I’ll add you to the Irish blog section now

10. Roy says:

i forgot to add a link to my name in the last post