Nov 19

Familiarity breeds contempt

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 in Humourarse, Quickie

I don’t like myself lately.  I keep making disparaging remarks, and just generally taking the piss out of everything I do.  I think it’s because I’ve been hanging around myself too much.

Is it possible to go away on holiday from one’s self for a while?

If it is, who would I hire to take care of myself while I’m gone?

correctpartner.jpg

1. Kate says:

Paris, baby.

I spent more than a week there in May, and very much felt like someone other than myself. Someone cooler, and svelte-r, and Continental.

I’m sure some of this has to do with the fact that I went without the kids, so I could actually be somebody instead of somebody’s mother.

But whatever. Paris. Have a lovely trip!

2. Cat says:

That is an excellent photo!

I don’t think it really is possible to go on holiday from yourself, but it’s always worth it going away for a few days to re focus.

Venice is beautiful. :)

3. Robert says:

Meh!

I wouldn’t worry. I reckon it’s just part of gearing up for the full moon on the 24th. Of course the ‘closing in’ of the evenings doesn’t help either.

You should feel alright once again sometime around the 28th Nov.

Until the C day rolls around that is :)

If you come up to me I will look after You and You!

Cheer up. Pack the kids and TAT as well in the car. Go drop them all off at the parental units and take a day for yourself. Smile a lot.
    There ya’ go, problem fixed.
    Next.

6. b3n says:

Through Zen, one can achieve a state of complete separation from one’s physical self.

Failing that, Dubrovnik is excellent for a weekend getaway, food is great, good nightlife and the beer is cheap as chips.

7. Medbh says:

You could radically alter your hair bu color or cut. That would make me feel outside myself.

Kate; I’m gasping for a dose of the Paris experience… seriously considering swimming there at this stage.

Cat; Yep, Irish people can be quare’n stupid in the wee small hours. Venice… hmmm. Problem is that I don’t want to fork out the money for myself because I don’t deserve it. I told you I was mean.

Robert; good point, that. The moon tends to bizarrely influence my functioning alright. Isn’t the world due to implode sometime around the 28th though?

Grannymar; Thanks mammy. You’d have to lock half of me in the shed though for fear our arguing would disrupt the household..

Brian; Or in the woods on a mountain far far away with a tin of beans? This suggestion is being given consideration.

B3n; never thought of Zen, strangely enough. May buy a 6 pack of Zen later on. I never go to any country I can’t spell.

Medbh; I’ve to give my poor hair a rest from all the red dye. My annual hair cut is due around now though, good point!

I can’t recommend 4 days near the ocean enough! Just had the best break with three girlfriends on the Great Ocean Road. Relaxing, chatty, didn’t miss the puter, didn’t miss the kids, relished in the peace and quiet and the fantastic scenery! Cheap as chips too!

Yeah I think it all boils down to my dire need for a holiday.

I’ll just have to drag myself along…