Aug 8

Yay Me

Posted on Wednesday, August 8, 2007 in Quickie

I’m officially completely self-sufficient!

I’ve just learned how to de-cap a bottle of beer with a cigarette lighter!!!  No more sheepish passing of bottles to men when in bottle opener crisis!

I’m so happy, I’m gonna go and have another beer.  Gawd bless Tescos and their special offers!  Up yours Harney!  Up yours Diagio!

Y’know what they say – Practish maks prefect… *hic*

bottle-cap.gif

(Oodles of thanks to TAT and his esoteric teachings!)

1. Woo hoo! You are totally liberated from us pigs.
    I’m taking a couple days to explore blogging while drunk.

Not liberated… joined! I thought it was just something that only men could do, like peeing standing up.
    Can I come with you and be your official bottle opener?

3. Daz says:

Can you not open it with another bottle?

The one useful thing UCD taught me.

4. Robert says:

You do realise that all long neck bottles of Miller have a screw off cap?

Ummm… not these ones. *double checks – yep, skin loss proves it…* Gimme SOME credit, man…

Daz how do you open a beer bottle with another beer bottle?
    How times have changed. When I was in UCD I could only afford one bottle at a time.

7. Conortje says:

Congrats- that was a big day for me too when I learned :-) I prefer to do it with a crate though (In NL you buy crates of beer) you can look really manly opening it on the crate. Crikey now I want a beer. It’s 9:40 am, is that wrong?

8. b3n says:

NOW I feel totally inadequate. I have to pass mine to Mandonkey to open. On holiday when I asked for a bottle opener, Finnish Euge handed me a key. Not knowing what to do with it I politely passed it back and said it didn’t fit.

9. Daz says:

Crack one top off another at an angle. It takes a while, and a few broken bottles and trips to Vincent’s, but when you get it … aw yeah

10. Deborah says:

What a useful trick! I tend to resort to my back molars… a lighter sounds much less painful! Course I don’t see why Ireland can’t get those twist off caps… aaahhh now that’s satisfaction! Real Rolling Rock and life would be complete!

Heh heh… Conor, apparently I’m not the best person to be asking about alcohol ethics. I’m a bad influence.

B3n and Daz: LOLlercoaster! Youz two really need to learn the lighter trick!

Deborah: Aaaarrrrggghhhh, noo!!! Chipped teeth *,-/
    Watching someone do that is worse than chewing cotton wool.
    Y’know, I’m that much of a wuss, I STILL can’t open a twistycap bottle with my bare hands. I always need to use my t-shirt or something, which is very awqward on nude beaches!

How do you spell awkward?

13. Robert says:

You just did spell it right.

Really? It looks strange. Awqward even.

15. Robert says:

Yep. ’tis right.

I hate it when that happens though. You know when you just typed a word correctly but it looks wrong!

I am such a slacker. I’m almost 49 years old and I can not open a bottle of beer with a bic!
    That is why I carry a bottle opener on my key chain and in my car, on my motorcycle, in my kitchen, my office, my living room, my bathroom, my bedroom, my spare room, my basement, my garage. Ok, now I need to put one in my front yard, my porch, my backyard may need two.
    Maybe I need to learn this bic lighter, opening thing……or quit drinking beer.