Aug 4

Good excuse generator

Posted on Saturday, August 4, 2007 in Little known facts, Something to think about

Here’s a bit of pseudo-science for you.

I’m sure you’ve been in the position before where you feel dry in the creativity department.  You’re looking at a blank page and you have no clue what to write about.  This frustrates you and you wonder why you were brimming with the joys of life last week but today for some reason, you just couldn’t be arsed.

Or perhaps you’re just back from a brief walk to the shops, and you suddenly feel like you could happily climb a mountain, though you haven’t had much coffee today.  The following week you return from the same shops and slump on the couch, unable to even lift a magazine.

Somedays you might feel like you could learn Japanese in a week, yet other days you find yourself reading the same sentence in your favourite book fifteen times, with a total inability to concentrate.

‘Yep, I hear you sister!’… you might say.  But what’s it all about?  Why the rollercoaster?

The answer is very simple, and is completely out of your control.

Biorhythm generator

From the moment you were born, a cycle started.  It’s regular and predictable.  There are three main cycles governing your day-to-day life, which are physical, emotional, and intellectual.

When you click on the link and enter your birthdate, you’ll be able to find out exactly where you stand in each category, and can then plan your day around it.  Not only that, but you can enter a date in the future to find out if, for example at your cousin’s wedding next week, you’ll be dancing the night away or insulting your relatives with gusto!

How handy is that?!?!

Complete bollocks or the dog’s bollocks?  You decide.

Here’s waving at you too kiddo!

Have a good weekend.

2. SID says:

I’m at my peak at all three,so it’s all downhill from here.

Hooray!

I’m flat-lining on all three.

Does that mean I’m dead?

4. Medbh says:

It reeks of predeterminism, Kate. I don’t buy it. too many factors to measure. What about the days for example when you feel great, etc. but then external circumstances generate a shit storm.
    Plus, I don’t want to know ahead of time.

Aren’t we the great little family.

There’s you giving lectures on ? and me giving lectures on alternative medicines and your da giving advice on growing old…

We are totally altruistic, and we should be paid for it.

Well because today I’m on an emotional, intellectual and physical high, I believe every line. (Mind you I’ll need it, about to renovate DrummerBoy’s bedroom if I can get into it!
    Tomorrow when I’m at the bottom of the graph, I will poo-poo it! Then again, maybe SID and I share a birthday and it’s all a crock. Fun tho, I love these things!

Brian, is it? IS IT?!?!

Grannymar; Thanks, and back atcha kiddo :) This weekend is nothing BUT ups and downs so far.

SID, you now have a good excuse to sleep for the next two weeks. You can’t argue with science.

Dad; You’re in league with the devil, so biorhythms mustn’t apply to you. Interesting…

Medbh; of course you have your hormone factor plus those Murphy’s law days… this is just an example of the tail wagging the dog, k’now? “Sorry honey, no sex tonight. I have to study while I still can…”

I know, ma. We are so not appreciated in our time.

Baino; Right. I’ve a plan. We’ll both find a date upon which both our graphs peak simultaneously. We’ll then have enough energy to go for a pint. I found a halfway point between Ireland and Oz, which turns out to be somewhere in Afghanistan. (Or Jamaica if you prefer… ) You choose the pub. We’ll wait there until our peaks perk again, then go home. Then we’ll make a film out of it and retire on our millions. Sorted.

8. b3n says:

My Dad coached volleyball and used biorhythms as a means for picking his team for that particular match. The Scandiavians are big into it (me dad worked for a scandiavian company). Speaking of Scandiavians, still in Helsinki and will be returning to regular blogging very soon.

9. My biorhythm generator failed to predict that I would pick up a stomach bug last night and be pebble-dashing the bathroom today. Other than that, it’s obviously dead on, as it is at least as scientific as my so-called doctors.

And the chart didn’t cost me anything.

10. Conortje says:

Right – mine looks dire for today so I’m printing it out – showing it to my boss and going home to bed.

Thanks for the backup, b3n :) Hope you’re not freezing brass monkeys.

Ah yes, Sparrow. Diarrhoeamus Nastimus. Plenty of fluids and a cork up the bum is my free prescription. Get well soon! (yuk yuk!)

Conor; THAT’S THE SPIRIT!!!

12. Today when I’m physically and mentally at my peak then emotionally I’ll be at rock bottom – looks like I can’t get all three in sync!