Jul 11

Avocados – now with wings!

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 in Humourarse, Quickie, Something to think about

Here was me, sitting on the bog and reading blurbs on packaging, as you do – when lo and behold, I noticed that the blurb on my sanitary towel packet not only told me that there was aloe vera on the product, but avocado as well!

I had no idea that you could ingest nutrients that way.

Just think, if you don’t enjoy cucumber or carrot for example, now you have other options too!

bill-board.jpg

1. You’re headline and illustration make a funny post into laff out loud.
    And who reads packages?
    :-)

I was thinking of having avocado for lunch today…

Think again Grannymar!

Gawd . . no wonder they warn about toxic shock syndrome! Then again, we’re all supposed to ‘consume’ 3 pieces of fruit and 2 veg a day. Maybe they should add brussel sprouts then we don’t have to taste the things. I know a few blokes that walk as if they’ve got a carrot stuffed up their shoofter!

Sixty, the only time I read packaging is when I’m sitting on the bog, or eating cornflakes. Notice I said ‘or’, not ‘and’.

Grannymar, avocado is always a good choice by whatever means.

Baino I’ll write to the company with suggestions!

I just tried your method with a leg of lamb.

It hurts.

I wouldn’t recommend it.

Did you know that in most African tribes, the women are sent off for a week, during menstruation? They are considered unclean. It’s a brill idea – no kids, no men.

I hope you took precautions. Try using mint sauce next time.

I know, I read about that in a buke once! I’m so jealous. Apart from those tribes that cuts baby girl’s clitorises off at birth… jealous? not so much. *squirm*

8. b3n says:

Whilst unpacking after a week’s shop I put what I thought was Avocado, Peanut and Jojoba sandwich spread in the fridge. Imagine my surprise when after biting down on the sandwich that I had made myself as a reward all I tasted was MsB3N’s new shampoo.

Yummy! Can you blow bubbles now?

10. baino says:

Haha B3N, from which orifice? The bubbles that is!
    (there’s a theme in blogland this week!). Yay it’s Friday – I love this blog!