May 20

Breedin' ridiculous

Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 in Humourarse, Something to think about, Strange and Unusual

Remember they invented the geep of ’84?  There’s such a thing now as a Labradoodle.  Not as mind boggling of course, because you’re breeding animals of the same species, but still a great invention.  Great to own and to say!  Don’t believe me?

I know that mucking about with genetics is a touchy subject, but you’ve got to admit, the consequences can be mighty amusing…

CADDUCK

cadduck.jpg

DOCOW

docow.jpg

PITBURD

dogbird.jpg

DORAFFE

doraffe.jpg

SQUIRROG

druirrel.jpg

GABBIT

gabbit.jpg

Now I know where I get my good looks from!

Can you please put me down for two Caducks please? They’d look lovely on the mantelpiece. Do they meow or quack?

And I’ll have Docow too. Though surely it should be a Cog?

3. labradoodles are too cute, they used to sell in Japan for around 5k.

Gabbit isn’t bad either.

I like the Pitburd myself. He chirps before attacking.
    Now I don’t get all these so called dog breeds! We had a raggety little mutt of a dog when I was a kid that I’m told today is called a cock-A-poo! I’m sorry but that deserves a rousing WTF!?!?!??
    Our dog Ringo was a mutt. He wasn’t any kind of a breed, he was a muttley mutt. Labradoodle, cut me a break. They should call it a Cleveland Dog! As in Cleveland, Ohio aka The Mistake on the Lake!

5. SID says:

Butterbats sound nice…but what I want to see is a Guide Doraffe for the blind.

I wonder do all of these animals exist in a parallel universe somewhere?

Cock-A-Poo?!?! LOL

Bear with me: Clip from local Newspaper:

Certain readers may recall the mysterious “flabbit” – a flying rabbit which the Daily Mirror claimed to have photographed on the banks of the Colo River back in 1985.

For days the search for this bizarre creature – a rabbit with wings – continued. Finally the paper had to confess to being the victim of a hoax. Indeed the same people who created the flabbit recently confessed to being behind the search for the Lithgow panther.

Anyway, customs officials were recently mystified by an unusual creature found at the International Mail Centre in Sydney.

One officer deemed it to be a water rat with wings, while another reckoned it was a small beaver in flight. It turned out to be a 100-year-old stuffed pine martin (a member of the weasel family) with large chicken wings grafted onto its sides, according to a report in Something to Declare, the Customs Service newsletter.

After being blasted with gamma rays by customs, the owner was allowed to collect his stuffed beastie which had been posted from Bavaria.

Addenda: The legend of the lithgo panther howeve . . . . very much alive!

Why would you want to graft chicken wings onto a weasel?

People out there have WAY too much time on their hands.

9. Conan Drumm says:

What does a Cadduck lay, hairballs?

Makes for a WEIRD omelette.

11. Quickroute says:

LOL, That docow is freaky!

“Mooffe”