Apr 9

Ode to Wouldye

Posted on Monday, April 9, 2007 in Family, Poems and things

My woof Wouldye

Loyal doggy dog
Wet nose dig dig woof woof.
Pure affection in black fluff.

Manic eyes window canine soul
Abundant love and a water bowl.
Back paw thumping scratch scratch scratch
Distinguished looking grey-ing patch.

Wolf-like gait protect my home
Bark and growling face of foam.
This is but an act you see
To guard his loving family.

Rescued from a drowning fate
Gets me thinking more of late;
How life is short my canine friend
Unspoken love shall never end.

Your dad was correct. You do have great talent.

Keep them coming.

Thanks very much!!

Insomnia does have its uses.

Aw Man!!! I want to get get another Muttley-Mutt.
    That pic is GREAT!!! I lkie the picture post-cardy background.
    Wouldye is a good looking barkey and your poem is too too cool!

Beautiful.

[Quote from Herself when she read it – “She has so much ****ing talent”. I think she was referring to you]

P.S. Great photo too :)

5. K8, that’s an excellent poem. I loved it! It makes me miss my pup. :)

6. […] second is that I discovered that Offspring [K8] is a better poet than I thought. I don’t know where she got it from. It must be her Ma’s side of the family. […]

Ah thanks lads. I took that picture from the top of the sugarloaf mountain here in Wicklow. It’s awful pretty up there.

Any chance you could do an ode to our Sandy?

9. Hi KB, I like the poetry.

I’m glad you clarified the Sugarloaf bit. For a scary moment I thought it was an obituary and the photo was of her falling from a light aricraft!!

Speaking of Sugarloaf- I like the photo of same ;-) !!

Addendum to the Ode

Not for our daft Wouldye, the banality of bones.
    He’d much prefer you throw him boulders rocks and stones.
    Another trick he has, of which I’m not so fond,
    Is frightening all my fishies, by swimming in my pond.

Ha ha!! Cool…

12. Aaaagh, I called you KB instead of K8…sorry. It’s the eyesight, hadn’t the reading glasses on first visit! I can just about manage without them, but mistakes possible.

That’s alright John, I knew who you meant.

Lysdexia rules, KO! :)

14. […] in the passenger’s side at about 35mph.  Head-on collisions REALLY hurt, but me and my doggie walked away relatively […]

15. Foreigner says:

Swooning over your pooch here. Just thought I’ll let you know!

16. aww such a lovely poem. I hope when shep grows up he will have some qualities like your dog.

Thanks :) Wouldye has a pretty bad obsessive compulsive disorder about rocks, though. I wouldn’t wish that on you.

18. just an update here shep now likes to eat coal dont ask me why. also he was saved from a certainly watery death as well. but my shep does not ask for much. well apart from the odd cheeseburger and morning cuddles and a nice soft bed to sleep in. ahhhh when the big man upstairs calls me up for a word i want to come back as a dog who gets the same perks as our dogs do.